I've only got Astorath, Lemartes, and 2 more Stormravens to go before I call it done with the army. Though I might want to do a few variations to the army and see how it works, I might need to paint more guys too.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
I managed to finish at least 8 guys in the past 2 days. Given that I only get to paint at night these days and they're really difficult to finish, I'm quite happy with my pace.
These guys have too much detail, as much as I would love to paint the details, painting them really takes up your time. I've only got 4 more guys to paint before I can move on to painting Astorath and Lemartes.
Sunday, February 26, 2012
I figured I might as well paint some of my Blood Angels while thinking of how to properly apply the hazard stripes on my Iron Warriors. Which is why currently there are so many models on my table.
It's still fun to paint the Death Company even though each of them takes a really long time.
Monday, February 6, 2012
In between assignments and painting, I managed to get quite a lot done throughout the weekend. And seriously though, painting the trims are a real pain, but it's definitely worth it.
It looks like I've accidentally made the power armoured guys brighter than expected, but it's not a problem, they'll look the same once I'm done with them.
Painting the armour trims took me about 2 days, I won't be doing this army for Iron Painter for sure, but I'll be churning out more Iron Warriors like no tomorrow.
I've already decided what I want to do for my mid year and end year project.
So, for 2012:
January till June: Iron Warriors and a little bit of Blood Angels, a full Panzerkompanie for my Flames of War collection.
July till October: Eldar and a little bit of Orks
September till December: Imperial Guard. I'll be focusing on a full on Cadian army with Respirators and I'll most definitely be using lots of Forge World stuff.
If any of the projects were done sooner than planned, I'll push everything a little earlier so I can build more stuff for my other armies.
I'll be posting in a few more days, most definitely with the finished squad.
Thursday, February 2, 2012
I assembled most of them during Chinese New Year when I was back in Penang.
I realized that I needed 1 full day to base my stuff, coz the super glue tends to seep into the cork and dry out very slowly, but it doesn't matter, I've waited hours for them to dry.
I also got around to spraying them white. Gonna be airbrushing them tomorrow if I have the time. It seems that these few days I'm gonna be really busy with classes and assignments.