Monday, September 2, 2013

Merkava Mk IV LIC



I actually started on this tank a couple of months ago, but I've been neglecting it after assembly since I had a very hard time selecting the correct colours for this tank. But in the end, I finally got around to finishing it.


Assembly was simple enough, the only thing is that some of the parts are really fragile and small. With patience, it was completed after about a week.










The crazy part about assembling this tank is the forming of the balls and chains. I had to cut hemispheres to glue them on the brass etch.







The kit doesn't come with the cloth drab. So I used some leftover paper bag to form the cloth drab for the tank, there is no way I could pass up the opportunity to display the tank's markings.




After doing some minor colour modulation, detailing, and adding the decals, I finished the tank. I'm quite happy with it since it's one of my favourite modern tanks out there.






1 comment:

Catweasel Oz said...

lovely. that must have been tedious doing the photoetch