Friday, January 30, 2009

Random Painting 1 - Bloodletter of Khorne

Well, I think it would be fun for me to start a random painting series of what I paint. Since I've been painting frequently, I end up painting models that are not intended to be in my army...

First off, this is a Bloodletter of Khorne, the model belongs to my roommate, and it was painted by me just to give him a benchmark for him to paint his Bloodletters...


Here's the breakdown on what paint was used:

Basecoat:

White Spray

Body:
  1. Vermin Brown on the white base coat.
  2. Scab Red, leave the horns, claws and tongue Vermin Brown
  3. Blood Red dry brush all over model, leave some Scab Red just to add some shadowing.
  4. Baal Red wash on the red parts of the model.
  5. Blood Red dry brush again just to deepen the shadowing.
  6. Finally Golden Yellow dry brush to make the model have an orange feel...
Horns, claws, teeth and eyes:
  1. Give them a wash of Devlan Mud to darken the claw contact point to the skin
  2. Komando Khaki
  3. Bleached Bone is used to enhance and brighten up the claws.
Tongue:
  1. Leviathan Purple wash
  2. Followed with watered down Lich Purple
  3. Asurmen Blue wash was given to make the tongue more... How do you say this... More like a Bloodletter tongue, yeah, that should be it. :)
The sword was just a progressive highlighting of reds and yellows, you should experiment with the colours as I'm not that good at blending yet...

The terrain on the base is just simple, glue some GW sand all over the base and paint it all black (please do this after the glue dries), then dry brush with Fortress Grey.

I have a habit of painting the rim of the base, so I gave this model a Tin Bitz rim.

Any questions, feel free to ask, I'll be glad to answer them...

"I've got lots more randomly painted miniatures, I'll make more tutorials on them too..."

No comments: