Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Terrain - Temple of Skulls.

For the past few weeks I've been very busy as usual, but nothing is gonna stop me from painting! After I got saturated with my commission work, I've decided to take a break from painting rank and file models to painting terrain.

Looking at the fact that Hobby Forge do need more terrain for the 4 gaming tables, there's no doubt that I've got to buck up on painting more terrain.

I hereby present you, da Temple of Skulls!!! Really huge and cheap terrain piece and I find it the most interesting terrain to paint out of all that I've painted.



I'm loving this part here. The pool of blood.


Using some sponging techniques, I made it look as if some victim was dragged up the steps whilst still bleeding.



I've added the grass to break the monotone colour of the terrain piece and I can say it's very effective.



The blood splatter was really fun to do. It somehow looks very convincing and real. I might make a tutorial on how to make blood splatter sometime later.



There you have it. Get one and start making some sacrifices! :D

I really got to get a proper camera, it doesn't look as good since it's very yellowish. Haha.

2 comments:

Velislav Gebrev said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Velislav Gebrev said...

This is great! Love the blood! How did you do the splatter/misting effect?