Monday, January 18, 2010

Airbrushing - The Ork Trukk!

On Saturday, I've got to go buy a new airbrush since my previous one was damaged from the fall it took while I was cleaning it.

Thanks to Khairul who organized a short trip for Iqbal and I to go take a look at the place where Khairul himself got his airbrush a long time ago. He also taught us what to look for and what to avoid when looking for an airbrush. So if you want to know more about an airbrush, feel free to ask me.

Here's the kit I got. The Sparmax airbrush set. Side feed for paints and comes with an extra bottle for paint storage. Sparmax also sells spare parts that can replace almost anything on the airbrush, so it's a good buy knowing that if any of the parts were to be damaged or gone missing, I can replace them, unlike the previous one I owned.



I did some airbrushing on my Ork Trukk just for fun and take a look. You can never get such a smooth surface when using the normal brush. Not to mention, this process took little time and trouble too.



With the amount of corrugated recycled boxes I have, I decided to be environmental friendly for once and reused the box to build myself an airbrushing station. Just use some masking tape to fill up the gaps and hold the box up and it's good enough. With the amount of space I have here I can spray quite a lot!




I've just finished painting my Ork Trukk too. Just that I haven't finished the Orky crew.





I think I went overboard with the weathering. I used a very watered down mixture of Vermin Brown, Scorched Brown, Graveyard Earth and a dash of Devlan Mud. I call it da Orky weathering mix! (How creative for a name.)


So if you have any questions on airbrushing, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to help and spread the airbrushing love. :D

No comments: