Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Alvin's little prediction on 40k...




Well, I had some free time and my hands had tremors going on, so I put my painting on hold for a moment... As you have noticed, I put some of you guys up there since you guys either recently commented or post lots of comments on my blog, thanks for that.

As we have been reading blogs and listening to the whispers in the wind, we hear lots of stuff about what's gonna be new and what not. I'm just gonna list some of the rumours and what I think will be released in the coming months or years, more on the 40k side. Especially for those who read BoLS a lot...

These are my predictions:

1) Plastic Gargoyles, I've been putting lots of thoughts on these, please make it true.

2) Plastic Trygon, it's rumoured to be released, but I'm betting that it will be.

3) There will be a new kind of Tyranid, maybe a transport for them??

4) The new race should be Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys!! Who knows?

5) Grey Knights might get a good bump.

6) Necrons will be remade. I meant new range of miniatures.

7) Orks will get more goodies like bits, upgrades, conversions.

8) Probably, probably there will be a Codex for each and every Chaos God. I wish...

9) With Hunters might be released in plastic?

10) New Codices will have more AP 2 weapons... I suppose the balancing system has to start somewhere...

11) Each subsequent updated Codex will receive a plastic Titan for a release... Don't you see the trend?

12) Lord of the Rings will slowly die away... Come on, it's just a ring, get over with it, there's a universe to fight for...

13) Eldar might get some plastic stuff? That's a long shot...

14) Dark Eldar will eventually be released and be the cheesiest army there is at that time... Way to make a come back huh?

15) Close-combat weapons will have a proper purpose... Would you rather have 2 close combat weapons or 2 pistols, they give the same number of attacks but the pistols can shoot... A close combat weapon is useless without a pistol...

16) Space Monkeys!!!

17) Tau might get something uber for close combat in their new codex.

18) There will be more flyers in the games...

19) Did I mention LoTR will slowly die away? No offense, but I really think it will...

20) GW will hike up the prices of ALL plastic... I certainly do hope not, but it's what I predict...

Finally, one last question, where do Chaos Space Marines get their Power Armour? I've read around and it's normally from the pre-Heresy, but do they steal them too? I mean, do they kill the Space Marines then steal their armour? I don't know how they do it, but input on this would be appreciated.

I wanted to use some loyalist parts, especially the legs and armour for my Alpha Legion, do drop a comment and let me know...

"I'll just be painting while I wait..."

No comments: