Monday, December 21, 2009

Finally got to update. Eldar project started.

Well, I've always wanted to paint and play Eldar since the time I started Warhammer 40,000. Just that I've never known how to paint Eldar properly. So after 1 and a half years of planning, testing and thinking, I've come to start painting white Eldar!

The Eldar Wave Serpent is my first test painting on an Eldar Vehicle. And I must say, this is a very difficult task!

Anyways, here are some pictures of the progress.



I have to use the Skull White spray from GW to ensure I get an even coat.



On a side note, I've also bought an air-brush with the compressor at RM 610. Not bad I'd say. Makes painting way way faster and efficient.

I've gotten lots of guides from Khairul. He thought me how to use the air brush during the hobby night at Legio. Awesome guy he is, a maestro at air-brush! Click his name to view his blog!



Basically, my tip is, for base coating, use Skull White or Chaos Black for the first layer, if your main colour will remain either white or black. Other than that, just use the air-brush, saves you more time and money.

No comments: