Monday, February 4, 2013

Lots to paint and work on.

I've been quite busy painting lately, especially after recovering from a 3 week sickness! Phew.

My focus has been shifting and changing a lot too. But it mainly revolves around the Dark Eldar for Kindred 4, pre-heresy Blood Angels for the Legio Army Throwdown, and planning for a Warhammer Fantasy army for the next Throwdown.

Anywho, here are some shots using a newly acquired camera. I intentionally chose one with wide lenses and the ability to do awesome macro shots.

A squad of 5 Kabalite Warriors.





The Kabalite Trueborn squad that I'm quite happy about.







Also, a completed Relic Contemptor Dreadnought, which upon looking at these pictures I realize that I haven't finished some details.





I'll do my best to blog more often now since I got a proper camera to use now.

10 comments:

whgateway said...

Nice work Alvin, the Kabal scheme is suitably dark but still rich with additions of gold and jade green.

How many hours do you spend painting a day and for the week on average? I've been assessing how much time to attend to such things myself.

Alvin Khaw said...

Thanks man. I usually spend at least 6 hours or more. Mostly throughout the night, starting from 8pm or so till 3am. Sometimes I assemble more than I paint.

But for tonight, I've been reading instead of painting. Trying to think up a new Vampire Counts army.

Colonel Scipio said...

Hi Alvin - great work, always nice to see something a bit different and these are very well done. I tried to do the urban bases like that on my Guard but it didn't come out quite as well!

khairul said...

Good the hear you're getting better bro :). And glad you're starting to paint and blog again.
Nice contemptor there. Is it done or will you be weathering it?

deathkorps said...

Great to see some new hobby on your blog! Both the DE and Contemptor look great! I think we've seen our first front runner for Throwdown III! :)

Vuel said...

As much as I like to see the Contemptor finished, it's equally so with your Dark Eldar. Other than Doc & Rizal with their old DE models, there is no other fully painted DE army with the new blings in Malaysia.

Keep up the good work!

Alvin Khaw said...

Thanks guys.

@Colonel Scipio, I used cork and Vallejo's Black Lava for the base, and of course, they're painted after that.

And yes, I'll be weathering the Contemptor Dreadnought, gonna give it the "sponge" treatment.

spunkybass said...

Niiiice!! You're ahead of the game for elites alright! Looking forward to see the models in the flesh

FourEyedMonster said...

Really nice photos Alvin ... did you get a DSLR camera? Glad you are feeling much better ... three weeks down with illness is a real bummer. Been there before with a long illness i.e. dengue followed by viral infection followed ear infection ... one after the other which put me down for more than a month with nearly constant fever. An experience that made me truly not take life for granted.

Dude ... 6 hours of painting a day is fantastic dedication to the hobby. Kudos to you! Must reach your level of dedication ... heh heh. Take care man!

Alvin Khaw said...

Hey FEM, it's just a Lumix LX7, just a normal camera, glad it does the job.