Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Merkava Mk.3 Baz with Nochri Dalet Mine Roller System

And so I've started working on a very beautiful looking tank. In my opinion, I'm not experienced enough for this brand. The bits tend to fly all over the place and break apart when I attempt to remove some small bits. The fitting isn't very good either, but I managed.



Assembly took me roughly 4 days, and the painting was about 2 days, this is quite the difficult kit to work on.

Here are some progress shots.









I had to measure and cut the metal plates for the tank markings.





The basecoat was a mix of GW's Baneblade Brown, Eshin Grey, and Deathworld Green. I kinda used my instincts on this one since Tamiya doesn't sell the exact colour.









I'm still learning how to adjust the lights for a good photo, but here are all of the pictures I've taken once I'm done.









I think I should stick with Tamiya tanks for now... Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

FourEyedMonster said...

The colours turned out vey well IMHO. Overall, the tank looks great man! I can still see some shadows due to the positioning of the light in your latter photos. Still happens to me on occasion and the key is to experiment with different positions of the lamps. A light box might help but I haven't used it myself yet as my lamps are not powerful enough for use with a light box. Any tips I can give you on eliminating shadows would be moot as I use a 2 light system as opposed to your 3. Also be aware of reflections off some of your glossier minis as that has ruined some of my pics as well. Also never use flash unless there is a specific effect you are going for. My 2 cents for what it's worth :)

Alvin Khaw said...

Yeah, I'm still working on that. Hahaha.

me said...

The minesweeper thingy in front of the tank looks super sweet boss Alvin!

Wonder whether those mine sweeper is suitable to be plug in front of a Land Raider...LOL

deathkorps said...

You sir, are a hobby maniac!