Monday, February 8, 2010

Black lining - Eldar Wave Serpent

It took me quite some time just to finish black lining this entire Wave Serpent. And I'm telling you, it's not easy. Imagine the mess you get when the paint smears around the white.



As you can see from the picture. I airbrushed the GW Gloss Varnish on to make the entire surface of the Wave Serpent extra smooth and glossy. This helps a lot, because the paint is less likely to get smeared with the white.

Still, I made a little mess and will proceed to tidy it up. This Wave Serpent is still far from complete. I haven't painted the weapons and the gems yet. And I'm still thinking of what to do to make it stand out a bit more. I'll airbrush it back with satin varnish so it's not so glossy once I'm done.

Should I add battle damage to this Wave Serpent? If so, how could I do it? I'm thinking of following how Dave Taylor did for his Hellblade. Any ideas?

I added a poll to the right column so you can help by voting.

1 comment:

a Sent One said...

How did you black line the plates?