Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The 1750 tournament list.

Hi there. I've got back to my hometown recently and I brought some minis with me to paint up for this round of holiday. But also, I intend to give much thought on my Alpha Legion army list using the Chaos Space Marines Codex.

The Inquisition Wars organized by our local club Legio, will start at the 7th of November, pre-registration starts on the 1st of October. You can view and download the rules pack here.

So, with that said. I've been playing my current list very often and I've earned quite a lot of victories. I lose whenever I deploy wrongly or when I misjudge the distance. And sometimes when the game becomes very intense, it will normally end as a draw. Therefore, when I play this list, I will have to think very carefully and plan for the future turns in the game.

Here's the list:

HQ
Alpha Legion Chaos Lord
Terminator Armour
Daemon Weapon
Combi Melta

Alpha Legion Chaos Lord
Terminator Armour
Daemon Weapon

Elites
2 Alpha Legion Chaos Terminators
1 Alpha Legion Chaos Terminator Champion with Chain Fist and Icon of Chaos Glory
Heavy Flamer
Chain Fist
Chaos Land Raider as Dedicated Transport

Troops
9 Alpha Legion Chaos Space Marines
1 Chaos Space Marine Aspiring Champion with Power Fist
2 Meltaguns
Icon of Chaos Glory
Rhino as Dedicated Transport

9 Alpha Legion Chaos Space Marines
1 Chaos Space Marine Aspiring Champion with Power Fist
2 Meltaguns
Icon of Chaos Glory
Rhino as Dedicated Transport

Heavy Support
9 Alpha Legion Chaos Havocs
4 Meltaguns
Icon of Chaos Glory
Rhino as Dedicated Transport

8 Iron Warriors Chaos Havocs
4 Autocannons
Icon of Chaos Glory

2 Obliterators


Total: 1750 points
Kill points: 12
Scoring Units: 2

This list is melta heavy, simply because I don't have much choice but to load up on anti-tanks. Chaos Space Marines have a standard of 2 attacks each, means they can hold up pretty well against infantry units.

The Chaos Lords will ride the Land Raider with the Terminators. All vehicles are just bare without upgrades. I already see that there is no point in having extra armour and the other stuff.

The Iron Warriors with Autocannons will stop light vehicles at their tracks. 8 shots per turn is enough to destroy a Rhino or a Dreadnought in a turn. Even if they have cover saves... They have bagged me lots of victories in the games I've played. I put 8 guys here just to ensure I have enough meat shields and they can fight back whenever something charges them, example Boss Snikrot with his Kommando friends.

This list has 37 Power Armoured Chaos Space Marines and 7 Terminator Armoured ones. I have the flexibility to Deep Strike my Obliterators without worries as I have lots of Icons of Chaos Glory running around.

So far, I've been playing lots of games with this list and I will continue to do so. Let me know what you think I should do to help improve my game play. Thanks!

No comments: