Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Alpha Legion Chaos Terminator Lord and Army List

I spent 7 hours last night working on the Chaos Lord, and this morning I spent more time on it again, I'm done with the armour and there's only bits and pieces left to do.

Remember, this is Chaos, so I made the armour extremely dark though I want it to emit the eerie bluish green colour. I'm doing my best to suit the fluff of the Alpha Legion.

Tomorrow I will explain more on the face, I used the bare head...



I spent quite some time on the tabbard and the cloak, just love painting the cloak... I attempted to free hand the hydra symbol but my hand was shaking like mad today, so I resolved to using the decal. After I put the decal on, I will paint Scorpion Green over it...

I'll have to wait till morning to take another picture of the completed model, I've finished painting the head but I haven't glued it on yet, just because I need the model to stand on his terrain first. All I have to do now is wait for the basing kit to come so I can settle his base.

After talking about that, I've revised my list.

HQ

Chaos Lord
Lightning Claw, Terminator Armour
130pts

Chaos Lord
Lightning Claw, Terminator Armour
130pts

Elites

3 Terminator Champions
Heavy Flamer, Power Fist, Chain Fist
150pts

Land Raider
Extra Armour
235pts

Troops

10 Chaos Space Marines
Champion with Power Fist and Melta Bomb, Icon of Chaos Glory, 2 Meltas
Rhino with Extra Armour
275pts

10 Chaos Space Marines
Champion with Power Fist and Melta Bomb, Icon of Chaos Glory, 2 Meltas
Rhino with Extra Armour
275pts

Heavy Support

5 Chaos Havocs
4 Meltas
Rhino with Extra Armour
165pts

5 Chaos Havocs
4 Meltas
Rhino with Extra Armour
165pts

3 Obliterators
225pts

Total: 1750

We all know that the Alpha Legion has 2 Primarchs, Alpharius and Omegon, that's why I'm having 2 Chaos Lords with the same set up. When asked what's their name, they all answer Alpharius, so I'm gonna make all my marines to look the same if they have their helmets off.

The reason why they have Terminators  with different set ups is to ensure flexibility in combat.
This also explains why there are so many meltas in the army, since Chaos Space Marines have a default of 2 attacks, they're good at close combat and killing infantry, so I gave them meltas to make sure tanks and monstrous creatures are no problem in the army.

The Rhinos and the Land Raider is to give protection and mobility to the army. Putting them in the open can result in failing morale (Chaos Space Marines don't have And They Shall Know No Fear), that's why the number of vehicles and the Icon of Chaos Glory. The melta bombs give them an edge when assaulting a vehicle, and it also fits for them to use such tools to destroy the enemy.

They hired some Obliterators to do their bidding to provide fire support.

All in all, flexibility and mobility is the key here, even if one of my Rhinos pop, the rest can still handle the enemy. I play tested my older list and the Land Raider was destroyed along with the Termies and the Chaos Lords in turn 2, but the rest of the army took over their roles and still provided enough power to hold the enemy down. In short, one of the Hydra's head was cut off, but the other heads were still biting off the enemy.

"Can't wait to get my second Chaos Terminator Lord."

No comments: