Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Citadel's Warhammer 40,000 Basing Kit Review - The insides

Now, I bet you guys who haven't bought this kit are itching to know what is inside... There are 46 pieces of resin for each base, 4 being for the large bases... Basically you're looking at 23 different pieces, that's all, meaning 2 of them will be the same, they are already seperated in the respective tubs.

The slates tubs are actually bits and pieces of resin, just like sand, nothing special about them...

I've put them out for a photo so you guys can have a closer look. Not all of them are here, guess I missed some of them...




I've already completed my Chaos Terminator Lord since I could do the base. So I used 2 pieces for him and some sand to fill up the spaces.

Once painted, it's hard to tell which is resin and which is the GW sand... Like I said before, the key here is moderation, don't overflow your base with terrain or it will look too "busy" and your mini won't be able to find a proper place to stand...


I painted the marine head following the Ultramarine's colour, as the Alpha Legion and Ultramarines hated each other...





I just didn't know what colour to paint the rim, I mixed the colour of the armour for it but it just looks weird. I didn't want to use grey as it would look like unpainted plastic. So I went with white anyway...


"Working on another Chaos Terminator Lord, so many to do, so little time..."

1 comment:

Xander Fish said...

nice painting and basing. is the lord Alpha Legion.