Sunday, April 12, 2009

Painting and Gaming, Orks and Chaos - Rokkit Launcha Boy and Nob with Kombi Skorcha, Alpha Legion Army List

I used my past 2 days to complete these 2 Orks here. A boy with a Rokkit Launcha and an Ork Nob with a Kombi-Skorcha.

At first I actually thought that the Nob head was really ugly looking, but after I put it on and painted it, it looks quite cool...



The Rokkit Launcha boy was actually a fast work, next time I will draw more funny stuff on the Rokkits. Maybe a smiley shark face in front of the rokkit or some Orky words on it.



Today I tested my Alpha Legion Army List against a Space Marine army led by a Captain Lysander equivalent and some Inquisitorial Lords. Surprisingly, in turn 2, my Land Raider popped, both my Chaos Lords died, and my Terminator Champions ran from the battle. But the remaining force held the game and almost won the game for me, but it ended as a draw from a loot counter mission.

Here's the army list.

HQ

Chaos Lord
Lightning Claw, Terminator Armour
130pts

Chaos Lord
Lightning Claw, Terminator Armour
130pts

Elites

3 Terminator Champions
Heavy Flamer, Power Fist, Chain Fist
150pts

Land Raider
Extra Armour
235pts

Troops

10 Chaos Space Marines
Rhino with Extra Armour
200pts

10 Chaos Space Marines
Rhino with Extra Armour
200pts

Heavy Support

10 Chaos Havocs
4 Meltas
Rhino with Extra Armour
240pts

10 Chaos Havocs
4 Meltas
Rhino with Extra Armour
240pts

3 Obliterators
225pts

Total: 1750

The list is not bad, but looking at it, I will have to tweak it a little here and there. Maybe reduce the Chaos Havocs to a 5 men, 4 of them with melta, they will just go chase tanks and pop it then they're done. That should save me some points to put the Icon of Chaos Glory and maybe get a Power Fist going on.

The idea of this list is to imitate Alpharius and Omegon of the Alpha Legion by having twin Chaos Lords with the same equipments. Then an infantry based army without cult troops to fill up the ranks and some hired Obliterators to do the Alpha Legion's bidding.

"I've been planning this for a long time, maybe it's time to put it into motion and get going with it."

No comments: